Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Birthday Wishes

   My sister in law is an amazing young woman. She lives in Pennsylvania (with my brother) so I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but I am always impressed every time I am with her. She is one of the most patient people I have ever met - always kind and gentle - a wonderful wife, mother and daughter-in-law. 
   It is her birthday this month so here is the card I made for her using the stamp set Awash With Flowers.
   I wanted to try something different so I got out my trusty watercolor paper and Black Stazon ink and stamped the outline of the daisy flower several times in a circle to make a complete flower. I found by using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I could line it up easier. I use the Clear Mount version by the way.

   After I stamped the image I colored it with....markers! Sorry I am in a marker mood these days!! The leaves were stamped, cut out, and layered on separately. And if you look closely you can see some fine, misty looking Old Olive speckles on the background surrounding the flower. That was done with the Color Spritzer and a marker that must be going dry cause it just wasn't giving me anything but a mist of color.

  So there you have another way to use Awash With Flowers!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Awash With Flowers stamp set- available this month only 
  • Full Calendar, On Your Birthday stamp sets
  • Chocolate Chip and Vanilla cardstock
  • Watercolor paper
  • Certainly Celery dsp
  • Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip ink and Su Markers
  • Chocolate Chip brads
  • Color Spritzer 
  • Big Shot and Lots of Tags sizzlit
  • Sponge 
Have a happy stamping weekend!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! I love what you have done with Awash with Flowers.. great idea and beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...