Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love my punches

You know as I was making today's card I was thinking how much I love my punches. They give me so many wonderful options and save me an incredible amount of time. They can be practical or decorative, versatile and always creative! And I don't consider them an indulgence, I consider them an investment. I guess you can tell I am pretty passionate about punches! Off my soapbox now and on to today's card.

    I made this card using the sketch pictured below. It was last week's sketch from Stampin Addicts - I am just now getting around to posting my interpretation. Click HERE to go to Stampin Addicts, a wonderful stamping community. 

I have been trying to use more textured cardstock in my projects and that is what I used for the base of this card. I decided I like it so much, I ordered some more!






     The card base is Perfect Plum but I used Elegant Eggplant for the ink. This gave it a greater contrast than if I used Perfect Plum on Perfect Plum. The card was fairly simple to make. I first stamped the swirly image from the Style Beautiful stamp set, on the card base. I then added 2 strips of cardstock, one Perfect Plum, one Elegant Eggplant, both punched with my Scallop Trim Border Punch. A piece of Victorian Lace was added on top of that. 

   Once the border was in place I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and added the tiny decorative image all along the bottom of the card. It was not hard at all because the Stamp-a-ma-jig makes it so easy to place the stamp correctly!

  For my main image I used another stamp from Style Beautiful and stamped it on Shimmery White cardstock for an elegant look. I then punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and mounted on a piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock punched with the Decorative Label Punch. And finally, I added 2 little tags punched with the Jewelry Tag Punch, a Vintage Trinket Pin, and a Vintage Brad to the corner. Oh wait I forgot....Basic Pearls! I can't forget those! 

Stamps: Tiny Tags and Style Beautiful stamp sets
Paper: Perfect Plum textured cardstock, Elegant Eggplant and Shimmery White cardstock
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: XL Oval Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Vintage Brad, Vintage Trinkets, Victorian Crochet Lace, Basic Pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

I hope you have a great day. 

1 comment:

Erna said...

You've made a beautiful card!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...