I hope you enjoyed the Control Freaks Blog Tour! I know I did, and the Holiday Gift ideas were Amazing! If you haven't taken the tour, it's never too late - just click HERE.
And as promised here are the directions for my Penguin Candy Bar Covers. First up is the larger Penguin which fits the standard size chocolate candy bar.
Here are all the pieces you will need.
1. Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Basic Black cardstock to measure 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score at 1/2" and apply Sticky Strip along the scored side. Save the remaining piece for the Smaller Penguin.
2. Punch two Real Red circles with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. Trim both to 1 1/2". This is the hat.
3. Using the Big Shot and Tasteful Trim Bigz die, cut trim from Whisper White cardstock. Then trim it to measure 6 1/2" inches. Save the rest for the Smaller Penguin.
4. Again using the Big Shot and Ovals die, cut the largest oval from Whisper White cardstock. This is the tummy.
5. Using the Big Shot and Northern Frost Decorative Strip, cut snowflakes from Whisper White cardstock.
6. Punch a heart from Whisper White cardstock with the Full Heart Punch. This will be the face. Add two Black Brads for eyes.
7. Punch hearts from Peach Parfait cardstock using the Heart to Heart Punch. Adhere the short, wide heart to the face. Save the smallest heart for the Smaller Penguin.
8. Punch a butterfly from Peach Parfait cardstock using the Butterfly Punch. Cut it straight across with scissors eliminating the bottom set of wings.
9. Punch two ovals from Basic Black cardstock using the 1 3/4" x 7/8" Large Oval Punch. These are the wings.
Here is what everything looks like cut, trimmed and ready to go.
10. Peel of the red layer from the Sticky Strip and firmly, wrap the Basic Black cardstock around the candy bar so the seam ends up in the middle of the back. You want the candy bar to be able to slide out when gently pulled.
11. Add a Glimmer Brad to the center of your snowflake(s) and then add the snowflake to the top of one of the Real Red circles. I poked the brad through all of the layers.
12. With the seam of the candy bar cover in the back add the hat. To do this adhere the trimmed Real Red circles to the top of the candy bar wrapper, front and back. Then add the trim by beginning in the front. I used snail to hold it in place. Wrap it around so it ends up in the back. You may need to trim it.
Front of the Penguin.
13. Stamp your saying from the Got Treats stamp set in Real Red ink to the center of the large White Oval.
14. I found it easiest to adhere the two Basic Black Ovals (wings) to the large White Oval before adhering that to the Penguin's body. Once you do that adhere the tummy and wings to the body.
15. Adhere the heart shaped face from step 6, and add the Peach Parfait feet from step 8.
Note: I kept the candy bar in it while I added the hat and body.
The smaller Penguin fits a snack size candy bar and is basically the same process, just different dimensions.
1. From the Basic Black cardstock that you saved from Step 1 of the large Penguin, cut it to measure 3" x 3 1/2". Score at 1/2"on the 3 1/2" side. Add Sticky Strip.
2. Using the Whisper White cardstock trim from Step 3 of the large Penguin, cut it to measure 3 1/2".
3. Use the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and punch two circles from Real Red cardstock. Trim of 7/8" and keep the larger pieces. These will be the hat.
4. Punch two Ovals from Basic Black cardstock using the 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch. These are the wings.
5. Punch an oval from Whisper White cardstock using the 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch for the tummy.
6. Punch hearts from Whisper White cardstock with the Heart to Heart Punch. The long, thin one will be the face. Add two Black Brads and the tiny Peach Parfait heart from Step 7 of the large Penguin.
7. I forgot to photograph the snowflake but use one from Step 5 of the large Penguin.
Here are all of the pieces (minus the snowflake) all trimmed and ready to go.
8. Assemble the small Penguin the same way as the large. I didn't stamp a sentiment because I didn't think to do it!
I think I covered it all!
**This, and all of my creations, are posted for you to enjoy and be inspired. I do humbly ask though, that if you use my ideas, to please link back to my blog and/or give me credit. Thanks for understanding!
I will be posting another special treat for you tomorrow. I am just having too much fun!