When I saw the color combination for this week's challenge at Colour Q, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off cause I find working with 4 colors to be difficult to do sometimes. Don't know why - just do!
The colors: Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, and Neutral.
They immediately made me think Spring!
I love how this card just evolved! First I made the card base and added the border punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I then used the stamp set, A Kind Word, and stamped the image on watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink and colored it in with markers. So far so good.
Next I added the ribbon, but first I used Black Stazon ink again and stamped the saying directly on the ribbon! How cool is that?! I used the Slot punch to punch slots for the ribbon to slide through.
Well at this point, it definitely needed something across the top, so I used my Big Shot and the Little Leaves Sizzlit and made a "branch". To make the flowers I used the Trio Flower Punch and punched Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo cardstock. Apricot Appeal Brads were added to the centers.
Tip: I sponged everything with Melon Mambo to give it extra depth. Dimensionals were used to give the main image extra height.
- A Kind Word stamp set
- Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore cardstock
- Watercolor Paper
- Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper
- Black Stazon ink
- Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore markers
- Creamy Caramel marker for shadows and Blush Blossom marker for flesh tones
- Blender Pen
- Scallop Trim Border Punch and Trio Flower Punch
- Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon
- Apricot Appeal brads
- Big Shot and Little Leaves Sizzlit
- Sponge and dimensionals
Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by.