Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Keeps Me In Stitches


 Before I show you today's projects I just wanted to remind you about the Control Freak's Blog Tour on Thursday, January 20th. It's a Valentine Theme! 
Edit: Blog Tour is Thursday, not Wednesday


   I have always wanted to try unmounting a Jumbo Stamin' Around Wheel. I read about it on the Stampin Addicts website and saw samples during the Stampin Addicts Blog Tour. Well I finally tried it myself.
   I unmounted the In Stitches jumbo wheel from the Occasions Mini. But not only did I unmount it, I cut it apart, thus separating the 6 rows of stitching into 6 individual stamps! Note: each row is a different type of stitching.


  Here is the first card I made.
   This is my "go to" layout when I need some quick thank you cards. No embellishments, just beautiful designer paper, stamps, and some textured embossing. I used a different row of stitching for each card.
   Each card uses Love Letters designer paper which pairs up beautifully with bright cardstocks. I also used 4 different textured impressions embossing folders because I happen to love these things!!

  Now if you are paying attention you will have noticed that I said there was 6 rows of stitching but I only showed 5. That's because I used the 6th on an entirely different card that I will be posting another time. 

Stamps: Perfect Punches
               In Stitches Jumbo Stampin Around Wheel unmounted(Occasions Mini)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Love Letters dsp
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Big Shot, 
Textured Impressions Embossing Folders: Framed Tulips (Occasions Mini), Vintage Wallpaper, Perfect Polka Dots, Finial Press

   Hope you enjoyed these projects and I hope you will be inspired to unmount some wheels of your own!

9 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this FABULOUS!!! I was telling my girls I couldn't figure out why SU didn't make this for the triple wheel instead of a Jumbo! I really wanted the wheel, but didn't want all the stitches together! Thanks for a GREAT lesson! Beutiful cards! All of them.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! I have been thinking about trying this with a wheel and you have inspired me to finally do it! Do you mount them on the blocks or on wood after you cut them apart?
Thanks for sharing all on your ideas! I am looking forward to the blog hop.

mauistamper said...

Lisa, you are so BRAVE. I cannot bring myself to unmount the wheel, much less cut through that rubber! I love how this looks and totally agree that these images would have made great stamps instead of a wheel. Such a dilemma.

Anne

Heidi Baks said...

You did it! It's on my purchase list. P.S. I too named you for the Stylish Blogger Award. http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Debbie Martin said...

Thanks for showing us the result of your bravery. Now I will buy that wheel. I just did not make sense before to have all of those stitches together on one wheel.

Allison said...

These are so fabulous! Love the colours and design!

Allison said...

A question: How do you unmount the stamp and then what do you do with it to be able to stamp with it?

Theresa said...

How did you manage to keep them all straight and even when unmounted? Did you put them on EZ-mount? Wood?

Anonymous said...

They look great! I wanted to order that wheel and cut it apart but was a little scared to do it. Seeing what you did inspires me to go for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...