Monday, January 30, 2012

A special birthday card


Hello there! I hope you had a great weekend and were able to view the Sale-a-bration Blog Hop! What, you say? There was a Blog Hop? Click Here if you would like to see all the wonderful Sale-a-bration goodness.

Speaking of weekends - my mother had a birthday over the weekend so I naturally made her a card. I wanted to do something different than my standard card. So I made her a Tunnel Card. I found instructions HERE and HERE. It was a lot easier to make than I thought!

She absolutely loves the color green so I took my colors from the new Twitterpated dsp. 
The inspiration for the card front came from a swap I received from a fellow Control Freak Swapper, Patty Bennett. She is soooo creative and I love her style.

When you open up a tunnel card it looks like this. Instead of ovals, I used the new Label Framelits and die cut the opening with them. I love the unique shape.
Here is the view from the top. Like I said, it is pretty easy to create even though it looks complicated. And it folded flat enough to mail without extra postage. Yay!
All stamps are Stampin' Up!

Stamps:     Field Flowers, Sincere Salutations
Paper:       Twitterpated dsp - Occasions Mini
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Ink:           Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz
Other:       Big Shot, Labels Framelits (Occasions Mini), Adorning Accent Edgelit (Occasions Mini), Two Tags Bigz die, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Basic pearls, sponge, mini glue dots, 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Lisa! This is SO pretty! I've never seen a card like this. It looks very complicated to make but the end result is definitely worth it! I love the colors you used and the mix of patterns. I just know your mom will love your special card!

Marla said...

Lisa, this card is absolutely breath-taking! The combination of the designer paper and the stamped flower are perfect! I just got done making a tunnel mini-album. Pictures behind those tunnels are treasures for grandmas. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Wow Lisa, that is gorgeous! I've always wanted to try a tunnel card, but haven't ever done it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...